Auto Insurance Articles
By: Anthony M. Peck
Posted on: Dec 4, 2009 - 1:13:07 PM
Why Is Buying New Jersey Auto Insurance So Darn Expensive????
As if ordinary inflation wasn't enough, you've got the added cost of technology sending your monthly bills sky high each month. Living just outside NYC isn't helping. So why isn't New Jersey doing something about how ridiculously expensive its auto insurance is?
10 Most Expensive Cars to Insure
1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
2. Mercedes CL
3. Dodge SRT-4
4. Subaru Impreza WRX
5. Jaguar XK Convertible
6. Lexus IS 300
7. Honda S2000
8. Acura RSX
9. Nissan 350Z
10. Jaguar XJ
For starters, the Garden State is the most densely populated state in the country. With 1,171 people occupying each square mile, it's impossible to turn around with tripping over somebody! That's bad enough, but when you think about the number of people that leaves driving around on the New Jersey highways it's easy to see why the auto insurance companies would be a little…concerned. The chances of having that many vehicles in one space and not having accidents on an almost daily basis are slim to none!
The population density in New Jersey can probably be directly linked to its proximity to New York City and Philadelphia, and the thousands of dollars a year commuters can save by living here instead of there! It's kind of like asking why Alexandria, VA is so expensive. It's proximity to Washington, D.C. is everything when you're talking about the cost of living.
The good news is, since New Jersey is a no fault state (and they thoroughly expect you to be involved in an accident) you definitely get your money's worth out of the insurance you do buy! Thanks to New Jersey auto insurance and your personal injury protection coverage you're covered even if you're among the 86.7 million Americans living without health insurance. There's something comforting about knowing that even if you're unlucky enough to get caught in an accident you're not going to be stuck with mountains of hospital bills you'd still be paying off ten to fifteen years later!
If you're looking for ways to slice and dice your New Jersey auto insurance rates, here are a few handy dandy tips for you to try:
1) Keep your driving record as clean and clear as possible. Your rates are high enough without tossing speeding tickets and accidents into the mix!
2) Choose your car carefully. To the right you'll find the ten most expensive cars in the world to insure in 2009. If your car's on that list you're already on the fast track for high priced auto insurance.
3) How's your credit score? Legislation is currently being pushed that would take your credit score out of the auto insurance equation, but until then you can coast on the tail feathers of a nice, easy way to keep your insurance rates down.
4) Check out your discount options. New Jersey auto insurance companies are like snowflakes-no two are exactly the same. What won't save you a dime with one company can save you a fortune somewhere else. Sit down and have a heart to heart with your auto insurance agent.
You might be surprised to find out that your New Jersey auto insurance isn't nearly as expensive as you thought it would be!